Come and try your hand at a new skill. Or take this as an opportunity to improve on your basic leatherworking skills by joining us for our first leather waist pocket workshop. (Alternatively money belt, money fanny, fanny pack, hip pack, hip clutch, slim pouch, side kick or whatever you'd like to call it!)
Choose from a selection of colours and then learn to cut, punch, and handstitch using a range of hand tools and our pattern for this functional and fashionable leather waist pocket. Once built, you'll also learn leather edge-finishing techniques to give your pocket a professionally finished look. And of course you get to take it home for your use and enjoyment.
This is a great article for stowing your phone, cash and cards when you're pocketless and don't feel like carrying a bag. Who doesn't need one more pocket?
Register now to save your spot! Use 'PST exempt' as a promo code so you will be charged the correct taxation. Thanks!
Hours: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (please arrive a few minutes early so we can get started at 9:30 promplty)
Location: 1000 Parker Street, Studio 250
Leather Waist Pocket Workshop
- open to all skill levels
- $225 registration fee plus taxes, per person
- class length is approximately 7 hours in length but can vary depending on the speed that we work at
- bring a packed lunch so we can take a short break
- intimate class size of 4 people
- classes are located in Westerly's studio workshop in east Vancouver
- elevator access is available by prior arrangement; please notify us at time of registration if you will be needing the use of the elevator
Please note that rescheduling or cancelling a registration must be done no less than one week in advance of the scheduled class. Thank you.